but is anyone else as surprised as me that sg hasn't had the H1N1 bug hitting its shores yet? When I learnt that HK had its first case, the first thing that came to mind was "Next stop: Singapore." And then it hit what, South Korea? Then Japan, then Beijing, then even our northern neighbour. And sg is still untouched?!
I don't for a moment think that the temperature screenings and quarrantines and the "efficient mobilisation of our defenses and the cooperation of the nation blahblahblah" actually had a role to play in this miss so far. I mean, none of the quarrantined buggers from Mexico were sick, and all those tested because of suspicious symptoms and sucky travel histories returned cleanly. So for some reason, the bug has apparently never hit our shores, despite Changi being a travel hub. (hub hub hub hub hub...) Amazing, eh?
Latest figures here. And if you haven't seen this, I think you ought to, too. (Even if the video's slightly outdated by now, but its thrust remains true.)
