vendredi 22 mai 2009

Randomness on a Thursday night/Friday morning

Finished The Screwtape Letters today :) Very interesting read. CS Lewis is an amazing writer.

Driving didn't go anywhere today - lessons begin proper on June 3rd. On one hand URGH I'm wasting my PDL but on the other hand lessons cost money and I should probably save them for nearer the test date, especially since I can drive... I think. Its a Catch-22 situation for me, really - you cannot register for FTT before you get your PDL, and without FTT you cannot get a test date. But I'm not using my PDL now. Ahhhh they just want to squeeze money outta me. :(

I just realised I haven't blogged about my end-of-exchange trip to the many places in Canada and (2 cities in) the US. The one thing I learnt about myself was that I'm totally not a city-hopping "2-days-per-city and tomorrow we go to the next city on the list" kind of traveler. By the time I reached Seattle I was tired of living out of a suitcase and having to continually be alert and entirely eager to get back East. I want to take my time in a new city, kinda like setting up base camp, to perhaps visit 1-2 attractions only in a day, to wander around interesting neighbourhoods, to have time to sleep-in on some days and know I'm not wasting time when I could be seeing something new. I like change and traveling, but I guess I just don't like being sledgehammered with it.