When I was in Canada, I wanted my license so very badly. Driving was a very useful way of getting around and the roads seem like a joy. Plus I now knew how to prevent and control my car-sickness tendencies, which removed this huge, huge psychological barrier I have in my mind towards getting into cars. (Plus sg's public transportation system is getting suckier and suckier - it costs more and more as the years pass, but why am I being treated increasingly like a canned sardine following "improvements"?) Having a driving license is a big step towards self-sufficiency and independence, truly. So I resolved to resume driving lessons.
(I shall allow a moment's pause to let it sink in - ger, ger the environmentally friendly person, the same person who at 16 declared she would never get a car because she wanted to do her bit for the Earth, the same person whose face always fell whenever she approached a car, the same person who now wants to get a class3 license asap so that she can drive a car. Vrooooooooom.)
And then I went to bbdc to get my PDL and I got jittery all over again. I have conveniently forgotten that drivers in sg are a lot more erm, unfriendly and impatient. And rude. And suddenly I wasn't so sure if I really wanted my class3 that badly. And I also remembered the one circuit item that scared the hell out of me the last time - emergency brake. I know, its just braking as fast and hard as you can, right? But my tendency upon anyone hitting the dashboard is to jump and then ask, what happened - rather than hit the brakes hard. =| Sigh. Oh well, shall worry about it when I finally have a fixed test date. I still have to resit for FTT first.
I spoke to my instructor earlier, and I'm not sure if he understood what I was saying. I'm not sure I understood him either. I sure hope it isn't as bad as it seems to be.
