vendredi 2 janvier 2009

Hmm.

Today:
(attempted) St Lawrence Market
Some cathedral and park
Royal Ontario Museum
Koreatown
Trains

Got lost:
Trying to find Chinatown.
(Ironically if that was my first destination I probably might not have had trouble)


Thoughts of the day:
It feels weird to be in a North American country, and be seen as (almost) another local. There are so many Asians (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) in Toronto, I probably look like yet another migrant. 0.o Already been mistaken twice as Korean.

I love Canada. I miss Montreal. Was in the Canada exhibit at the museum when I realised I could recognise various pictures of Montreal's famous landmarks. Darn. Maybe I should visit the city again. There is a song (in german) that says "I left my heart in Heidelberg" - I think I can rewrite Montreal into that. And I only rotted there for like 3 weeks!!!!

Loving the snow and the cold air =D Haven't had need for the bunny suit yet!! Shall don it only if its -15 and below I guess, since I survived -13 quite comfortably with down and woolmix.

Tim Hortons' maple dip donuts are nice.

The bulgogi I had for dinner is probably the best tasting meal I've had since coming to Canada. And it was a random choice. Note to self: when in non-Asian country, do NOT eat Asian food at food courts. Ever. Again. Stuttgart's sucked; Montreal's sucked, Toronto's sucked. Didn't try Melbourne's, and I am starting to think that that was a good decision.

UoT campus is VERY nice. I wonder how Guelph looks like. I really love North American architecture!!

There is a Toronto Flat-Iron building equivalent. AND it is also under maintenance. -_-"

I hate my fringe.

I either need to get earmuffs or knitted hats that have flaps for ear protection.

The cut on my thumb is probably never going to heal.

Union station looks the same after 1.5 years. Surprise, surprise. Will always associate it with the native blockade then, though.

Toronto trains really do cost CAD$2.75 per trip!!!!! ZOMG. Used it twice today.

Collecting transfers are fun.

It is difficult to use accented English if your face is numb.

When sgreans try to imitate the American/Canadian accent, foreigners say that's the sg accent. I wonder what they'd make of Singlish then. That, IS the ultimate sg English accent.

Its not even 9pm and I'm drowsy. The wonders of the cold.

Traveling alone is quite fun - until it gets dark and you get lost. In the cold.

Its hard to believe that my semester starts next week - and I'm not even in Guelph yet!!