Today wasn't particularly notable in terms of new places seen. Well, I went to St Lawrence market for food, finally (and bosscat says I missed out on the better foodstuff there. Ah well.), and en route there was this beautiful bookshop, which I think all bookshops should look like!! Ahhhhhhhhh. It was wood paneling and shelves everywhere, it was warm and there was a baroque piece playing in the background ^^.
Also visited the Harbourfront centre to stare at the lake/sea (can't remember, will have to check) which had frozen, but was slowly thawing. There were several swans/ducks/loons swimming around and I think the only souls standing there watching the scene were all stupid tourists (mememe!!).
Was supposed to meet chs at 2.30pm union station but he only turned up at 4.10pm. Some things just don't change I guess. At any rate, it was good to finally speak true Singaporean-accented English =P after a few days' drought. And walking down streets with him has always been a joy. As zx puts it, he's "bumbly, in a mentally long and gangly cannot coordinate hands and feet kind of way." Maybe I should revive the record of stupid things he says. That will mean that I'm maintaining 3 records in all. Hmm.
All quotes below courtesy of chs.
- What happens if baby kangaroos pee in their mother's pouch? (I can't remember why we were talking about this, seriously.)
- Ahh look the lights just came on! (My reply: Uh they were on just now. My thoughts: Ahhhh deja vu.)
- Figure skates have this thingy behind them that does something and therefore something happens. (when trying to explain the purpose of those thingys)
- Girls love blur guys okay. (To which I said: Right.)
There are more gems but I cannot remember them anymore.
We went ice skating and it snowed (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) while were were queuing up for skates and then had dinner at Eaton Centre food court because the restaurants had a 15-20 min wait time and we were famished.
Okays, time to pack up and get to Guelph! (I typed this on the 3rd actually...)
