mercredi 25 février 2009

Cooking adventures and microscope viewing..

So apparently the worse my mood, the more food I cook.

I think I have enough cooked vegetables to last me for the next 2 meals (which is one meal more than I planned for), and I'm stuffed because I had to eat more than I felt like or I'd have too much leftover food for the next meal.

But its not that bad, if I say so myself. Its quite sad to think that I probably won't ever cook in sg because I'm terrified of using the gas stove - am certain its going to explode in my face one day and I'd be scarred for life, so all cooking chops I acquire will just stay in Canada =D Not that I've been cooking anything fancy, since I'm a poor exchange student and hence loathe to buy big shiny bottles of random sauce only to throw half-full bottles out at the end of the semester...

This are erm, the more memorable meals I've cooked, all by myself. -cough-

My first cooked meal in Guelph.... idiot-proof pasta!

The first time I used the chicken rice paste - it wasn't that bad, honestly... but I got quite sick of chicken rice over the next few days because I cooked enough for 4 people. And I used chicken breast meat that sat around in the freezer for 4 weeks, so it clearly wasn't as good as the real thing =P

And what I just cooked an hour ago! I must say that it actually tasted pretty good! ^^ Urm the fish was a bit salty, think I overdid the salt. It took me a full hour to cook, so I can't do this too often. Actually what I cooked on Sunday was pretty passable too, but I ate it all before I took any pictures.

The fried fish stank up the whole house =| Oops.

The curry I cooked last week (Okay I used canned curry but I fried the chicken and boiled the potatoes and the vegetables...) wasn't too bad too! No pictures, darn. Me cooking isn't such a novelty anymore.

Oh, and all dinner at home is washed down with apple juice, in case my cooking stinks too much =P


--------------------------

I love it when I get something in focus under a microscope. Turning the knob, then ever so slightly and then everything comes into perfect focus and a whole new microscopic world for your viewing pleasure. The moment of clarity....