lundi 21 juillet 2008

Tiredness is...

My right arm aches from carrying a bag of seafood + seawater for 1.25hours straight because I took public transport to lab today. I think the bus spent more time stationary than moving. Zzz.

My left arm aches from all the pounding and grinding the remains of the various clams into powder after ripping them apart and dumping them into liquid nitrogen.

My legs ache from standing up throughout nearly the entire day, apart from lunch and sudden bursts of realisation that I had a chair near me.

My brain feels dry - its full of stuff that I'm supposed to know in detail and little bits that I'm supposed to pursue further but brain juice is in short supply.

I am tired. I was in the lab from 8.45am - 9.30pm. Underestimated the time needed to do some things (like the speed of the photospectrometer), as well as the samples' refusal to dissolve quickly. On top of it, I was supposed to be a good daughter today but.

I want to sleep.


------------

Random stuff:

(nearly) Every day, the lab tunes in to a radio station because of some programme which involves those kind of quizzes that reveal more about the person you are or sth like that.

Today's one was on what a person looks out for in a partner - by answering a question: What do you keep most?
a) Old exercise books, work.
b) Old toys
c) Old movie ticket stubs
d) Old clothes

Its pretty accurate, at least for me. I mentally made my choice from the above while pipetting supernatant out of eppendorf tubes, while also thinking about what I concluded from my own reflections previously - and it was spot on. Haha.