mardi 22 juillet 2008

Antibiotics...

Did you know that there are side effects to antibiotics use?

I only knew of allergic reactions (because my dad is allergic to penicillin) and UTI (urinary tract infections)... but apparently the list includes weird smelling pee, diarrhea and growth of fungi in places you don't really want. The 1st is a result of antibiotic breakdown and excretion, and the last 2 is due to the killing of "good" bacteria along with the bad in the digestive tract, and also at the other openings.

So. I can't really do anything about the 1st, and I already experienced the 2nd. I'm determined to avoid the 3rd, so I've been spamming yogurt.

In other news, I fail at killing seafood.

And in yet other news, I'm really very tired.

And in yet other other news, my right eye is now itchy, and both my eyes felt swollen today. Great, really. Since the exams ended, I have 3 huge unidentified bites which have swelled to ugly proportions, one swollen infected eye and one red eye. Oh, and a half sprained ankle which feels sore to this day. Great, really. Just great.