jeudi 10 juillet 2008

Reality...

...hurts.

So after 7 days of fun and frolic, its back to painful reality. And that reality is lab, lab and more lab.

Granted, it could have been worse - but only because I didn't go to the lab today. Why? Because the flight was delayed for 3 hours, so I only reached home at 12am. And I also rediscovered this cute swelling on my right ankle region because it started to itch terribly and hurt a bit yesterday, so I thought, forget lab, get some sleep and see a doctor for it first.

So its a cyst. Or abscess. Whatever it is, it's too small to be cut open and drained at this stage, so I get some strong (and expensive) antibiotic and cream till Monday where the above mentioned procedure is going to take place if the swelling doesn't go down.

Oh, and the flush at home is spoilt.

Ger is grouchy now, so happy holiday blog posts will have to wait.

Foban cream from here.
Foban cream is smooth and white cream which contains fusidic acid 20 mg each gram.
Fusidic acid is a potent antibacterial agent. Fusidic acid and its salts show fat and water solubility and strong surface activity and exhibit unusual ability to penetrate intact skin. Concentrations of 0.03 - 0.12 mcg fusidic acid per ml inhibit nearly all strains of Staphylococcus aureus. Topical application of fusidic acid is also effective against streptococci, corynebacteria, neisseria and certain clostridia.
In Vitro studies show that fusidic acid can penetrate intact human skin. The degree of penetration depends on factors such as the duration of exposure to fusidic acid and the condition of the skin. Fusidic acid is excreted mainly in the bile with little excreted in the urine.

Unasyn from here.
Ampicillin/sulbactam is a combination of the common penicillin-derived antibiotic ampicillin and sulbactam, an inhibitor of bacterial beta-lactamase.