Its extremely ironic how I need to take a break before going on a break -_-" But yes, I still need to buy some things and settle some stuff before I go off, so I took the day off away from lab today to do them..
Lab yesterday ended late, but was really great! We slaughtered 6 blood cockles, which were really cute actually heh. We waited for the unsuspecting cockles to open up.. then -stab-, -pull-, -dice-. Those cockles which wised up and shut up died more painfully methinks, because then the hammer came out. -smash- Grinding up the flesh in liquid nitrogen ytd was kinda annoying because the powder was just not fine enough no matter how hard I pounded, and these creatures aren't called blood cockles for nothing - blood everywhere, seriously.
I was kinda worried because after chopping up the cockles and dumping them into the mortar I noticed a tear in my glove which means that I might have contaminated the entire thing with RNase from my finger, but thankfully the RNA readings were sky high (I've never seen such huge figures!), confirmed by a really pretty gel =D I got quite sucky readings at first because I keyed in stuff wrongly in the photospectrometer and thus was all doom and gloom, but thankfully my supervisor spotted it. Was late for sf as a result, but the extraction results were SO worth it. j was tearing throughout the day and after seeing the dr apparently there's a tear in the cornea. =S Hope she gets well soon, eye problems are scary things...
