mercredi 11 juin 2008

ger is very tired.

Badminton today in which I didn't exert myself very much, followed by lunch at science, then meatballs at ikea and finally sesame paste from a random stall at the alexandra food centre. I'm so stuffed, I can't stomach any dinner.

Because I am a sucker for deep blue skies and bright colour contrasts - here's a picture I took yesterday while on the way to sf.


I walked to the park next to the artificial lake because I didn't feel like going home and I suddenly felt like playing on the swings that I always saw on the way to nus. The weather was nice and cool.
The picture didn't turn out as prettily as I saw it, and photoshop couldn't save it either. Oh well.

I found the swings after a while. Decently huge playground with SAND! I personally think that sand is the best ground material possible for playgrounds - its relatively soft, kids can use their imagination when dealing with it and it obviously harbours all kinds of bacteria, which is good for the immune system methinks. The greater the exposure to environmental germs, the better! (unless they're pathogenic -_-") Plus its vandal-proof: unlike those rubber playground surfaces, which can be dug out by a bored and determined kid.

To all those people who grumble that sand in playgrounds is disgusting and unhealthy and whatever else - YOU grew up playing in sand, didn't you? And you're still around, aren't you?

(btw ger believes in personal hygiene. Clean is good. But unless you're in an operating theatre where asepsis is necessary, there's no need to dettol the house.)

Yes. Anyway. Swings are a disappearing playground item. Which is a great pity. Some of my happiest childhood memories involve a little me on the swings near my grandma's old place. And yes it had sand. And the metal slides clanged a great deal when you go down it I think - might have confused it with another playground.) And then they demolished it in the brilliant name of upgrading, and replaced it with the playgrounds of today - plastics, brightly coloured metal, and boring. Tic tac toe at playgrounds doesn't encourage thinking, by the way. Without sand, of course. Nor swings. And that was end of my childhood playground fun.

So I love swings. Hehe. The swings there were the same kind that ny has - I don't know why there's a stupid tyre on the seat which makes it harder to get on and stay on without your thighs getting really tired after a while. But it was still fun, nonetheless =D


Spent too much time at the playground when I was supposed to be checking out potential jogging routes and it got a little darker. But that didn't stop me from spotting SNAIL KINGDOM.
I stood there and counted, and there were at least 20.


It was getting a little too dark and I couldn't really see where I was going anymore, so I turned and headed back. Pretty too, except that my camera, as usual, sucks.


To watch the match later, or not? I'm really tired. Zzz.