vendredi 18 avril 2008
More memories - 送君
送君送到百花洲 长夜孤眠在画楼
梧桐叶落秋已深 冷月清光无限愁
送君送到百花亭 默默无言难舍情
鸟语花香情难舍 万分难舍有情人
送君送到百花江 好花那有百日香
天边一只失群雁 独自徘徊受凄凉
送君送到百花路 心比黄莲还要苦
失意泪撒相思地 天也感伤雨如注
I don't particularly like this song all that much... its just that while listening to the CD, I suddenly remembered the lazy humid late afternoons of my childhood - the 4pm sun streaming in on the balcony, casting shadows of the grills onto the floor, me playing with this set of 12 pencil sharpeners with a wooden carving of the animals of the chinese zodiac, putting them on this miniature ironing board (actually now I think its the ironing thingy for the sleeve) that I had flipped over and pretending that it was some magic spaceship and they were going on a journey.. while my grandma sat at the sewing machine (those old kind which you had to turn the wheel and step on the pedal a few times to get it running - and she would always yell at me if I got too close in case I lost a finger by poking it in places it shouldn't go), or on the ground with me as she sewed on some button, or buckle. Sometimes, if she was in a good enough mood or if I wasn't poking her bunched up abdomen fat layer to feel it spring back, she'd hum a song.. always the same song (guess which!). I remember her smell. Probably from the morning's exertions, and occasionally fishy from the market, but it was a comforting smell. Just me and 婆... just the 2 of us.
