jeudi 20 mars 2008

On love and romance and an annoying cherub.

I saw the full article in our esteemed local newspaper today and I nearly broke my jaw laughing. I just have to put this up.


March 19, 2008

2 polys start love classes

Two polytechnics have started classes on love and relationships, in a Government bid to get young Singaporeans to pair up.

'We want to tell students: don't wait until you have built up your career,' said the Minister of State for Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS) at an event to promote marriages on Wednesday.

Mrs Yu-Foo Yee Shoon added: 'Sometimes it's too late, especially for girls.'

So the Social Development Unit (SDU) has set its sights on tertiary students.

It is funding varsity student bodies whose activities provide opportunities for Cupid to strike.

In fact, Singapore Polytechnic's 'Love relations for life - a journey of romance, love and sexuality' was among the polytechnic's 10 most popular general elective module last year.




Hmm. The online version isn't as hilarious as the printed version. Maybe I should type out the lines from the newspaper that did me in.


"My teacher said if a guy looks into my eyes for more than 5 seconds, it could mean that he is attracted to me and I stand a chance."

"I think most people who take the course would find it easier to get a girlfriend."


HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA some things in life cannot be taught, unfortunately. And I think that love and romance is one of them - there is no proper yardstick for measuring attraction, or any formula to finding your other half in life.

I want to pour more scorn on this actually, but maybe I should stop here. Slow news day, eh? Mas Selamat not caught yet, and there are only so many times they can print stuff about how our ns boys are feeding mosquitoes to find him etc. Speaking of which, if you walk past those arrays of Zo cards, do keep a look out for a wanted poster. =P