The organs are so beautiful! I felt a bit squeamish at the front when they first started cutting up the body starting from the collarbone region (the Y shaped cut down to the abdomen/pubic bone region) because I couldn't help thinking that it was still a real living person instead of a cadaver (and maybe because I was listening to 春节序曲 instead of the commentary). (The plugs on the arm didn't help either) but after a while it stopped - probably because I stopped thinking of the body as a living breathing human and more of an object (and I decided to listen to the commentary too).
If anyone's interested, the link's here. Its an educational video, and it describes the attempt to determine the exact cause of death of this particular woman, whom they suspect died of a drug overdose. Its not complete though, there's a second video, which is not complete EITHER. No conclusion. rawr. Ger will not be responsible for anyone who feels sick after watching it.
I don't know how they put everything back together and return the body to the family without them feeling sickened though - I guess open top coffins aren't possible after an autopsy? Or maybe its returned in a jar? Hmm.
(No disrespect meant in the jar thingy, seriously. I often say that my grandma's now sitting in a jar somewhere in mandai, and I really, really love my grandma.)
If I die young and disease free (aka screaming in an ugly fatal accident, although I'd very much rather go peacefully in my sleep at some ripe old age), I want my usable organs to be given to people who need them, and then ideally turned into fertilizer. Nice, eco-friendly end. I don't particularly want to be sitting in a jar in my own HDB-style "apartment" in Mandai - what a waste of good nitrogen, carbon, calcium, magnesium...
---------------
The mid sem break's here! But we all know it isn't a break, its more of an excuse to mug our heads off and our hearts out so that we won't die a horrible death next week when all the CAs and deadlines roll in.
Such is the life of a student in sunny happy sg. Break? My foot.
---------------
Where are you?
---------------
I attended the guitar concert with 2 drowsy (and vaguely drunk) people last night. karin pointed out that it was like attending a 阮族 concert actually, which I had to concur - evidently I am very much out of touch with the co scene in sg, to forget that they exist - whoops. Anyway, I really liked the solo item by their asst. conductor (?) and we were quite fascinated with the electric guitar thingy. The most sian-ifying thing was probably that the music stands generally blocked the view of the performers playing, so all that was seen was faces and legs. Even the soloists! Zzz. In general if its a major solo (like the soloist for a concerto, or the small grp of soloists in a concerto grosso-like piece) then the performer(s) should have memorised the score at the very least - but that's just me I guess.
Had a good look round the concert hall too - so many seats to sell! And I realised why the 1st 2 rows of seats are actually quite expensive, because the original stage is actually quite a distance away. They become sucky seats when the stage is extended, like in co's case.
Concert's in less than a month!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
---------------
Ger wants to go shopping, but the bestie is (in her own words) stinking up ECP at this moment.
---------------
Random photos I've taken since getting my new phone with inbuilt 3.2megapixel camera:
