Far from here seems lovely. No guesses as to where I want to be right now, as usual.
And this is my FYP project! (as taken from the science intranet)
Role of the expression of the Na+/H+ exchanger 1, NHE1 in the activation of the survival kinase Akt.
It has recently been shown that increase in intracellular level of H+ leads to the activation of the survival kinase Akt through a mechanism involving the Na+/H+ exchanger 1. Interestingly our lab showed that increase in the expression of NHE1 protects cells from cell death triggers. Hence, we want to test if level of NHE1 expression inducing resistance to cell death correlates with the activation of Akt upon an intracellular increase in H+.
My brain is trying to wrap itself around the principles of various techniques, and of course, trying to recall LSM2103 stuff before I start work come Monday. And because life always gets more interesting when I'm up to my eyeballs in work, this blog will probably be updated on a more regular basis. Watch this space! =P
Longchamp Le Pilage bags are everywhere these days (And so are Agnes B Voyage bags) (And other assorted ugly and really expensive bags e.g. LV. Especially LV. UGLY. Some Coach is ugly too. What's up with dark brown monogram prints on light brown background? Or vice versa?) Aye I digress. I didn't think Le Pilage were pretty when people started carrying them - before I went for exchange, that is, but for some reason now I think they look really nice. Unfortunately the price tag that comes with it is pretty ugly. So I got one off a pushcart at 12x cheaper than the original one. >< (Amazingly it isn't made in China though) Hurhur. I've been spending too much money these days, but as my slacking days are drawing to a close I think my wallet will get a much required rest.

