mardi 19 mai 2009

After listening to a recording...

The set piece sounds like a 练习曲 for the orchestra. The english word equivalent would probably be étude but I can't hear anything that might be particularly challenging, besides the need for control -_-" WHICH is a required skill for nearly every piece anyway. Oh well nothing can sound worse than 狮城迎春 I guess.

And what karin and A have told me about the performance of 笛子组 is quite true after all. =| When karin first mentioned it I was like hmm maybe as seniors we always expect too much and we'd always pay closer attention to our section whenever we listen to a performance. But can't be that bad right since the result was still honours! And then A repeated what karin said and I started to wonder. Then I met my cousin and asked for the recording and she gave me a look when I asked how did she find 笛子 and when I finally heard it ouch karin's painful description was very accurate. Heart pain.

The editing of 春 was very good - its the most seamless one I've ever heard, ms chek is great! A if you ever read this, WE WERE WRONG, 春 IS EDITABLE.

Okays let's see if I can obtain tickets for showcase, if either of my beloved orchestras make it in there (: