mercredi 28 janvier 2009

So, how was your new year?

Feasting on pineapple tarts and love letters and cookies and bak kwa and abalone and pig stomach soup and red dates + longan soup and popiah and sweet mandarin oranges and COLLECTING ANG POWS? (I'm just making myself miserable here, I know)


I spent mine:

初一
1. Crawling out of bed at 5am to rush a lab report that was due at 1.30pm. (And I think it was pretty badly done.)
2. 2 lectures and 1 lab session.
3. Badly done french toast. Bah.
4. Ice skating~~ for an hour. And I fell twice, for the first time since the first time I put on a pair of skates way back in secondary school.
5. "Dinner" with Christal. Seriously, we need to meet up over FOOD one day...

初二
1. Staring at placentas (human ones included), pushing (dead animal) fetuses around on plates to measure crown-rump lengths (yes, fresh ones), poking around a sac of amniotic fluid with fetus floating in it, playing doctor via ultrasound-scanning a bovine uterus with a fetus inside (using a ultrasound rectal probe - I don't want to think about how many cow asses that probe went up before). Terribly taboo things to do in the CNY context, if you ask my parents, staring and handling dead fetuses. Heehee.
2. Studying for HK455 test in the library. Oh man.......................
3. Lunch with random c4c people, because I happened to meet Peggy at UC and she was meeting some of them for lunch! Aye so there's Elizabeth and Kheung? and Jon. and Gabriel. I hope I can match those names to faces the next time I see them =|
4. Soul cravings later. Should be interesting.



I want to webcam my family...... ARGHHHHHHH. I hate morning classes =| I'm not homesick, but I do want to talk to them. And the bf too, but that's the end of the public holidays, and its back to work for them.