lundi 26 janvier 2009

Happy 牛 year!!

Anyway, this is a picture of a building in Guelph, with all the icicles hanging off the roof. This was taken a week ago, when temperatures were still pretty cold - it all started thawing on Friday, though, when temperatures reached 0c but promptly froze again, so everything's now a mixture of ice and snow which really stinks, because its slippery AND very hard and generally a challenge to walk on.

Last week was also Habitat Week, which saw the folks going on a build from Habitat for Humanity Guelph Chapter sleeping out in the cold for a night to raise awareness of the plight of the homeless, right here in North America - that night also happened to be one of the bitterly cold nights that week.
So that's the week that passed, in pictures. Its a brand new week, and its CNY today.

I just had a weekend of Malay food, sg style ^^ Went to Brampton to stay at Adilah's aunt sophie (? not sure of spelling)'s place, and had a really relaxing weekend - Brampton has more shopping choices! Met up with Adilah and Prashant, both of whom I haven't seen since day 1 in Guelph, and also Atifa? (Oh man I can't spell...). They were apparently quite amused by my advice to syah when she travelled alone to Toronto last week "Open your eyes! Open your ears!" which I obviously couldn't remember. lol.

Anyway... I was whining about no kaya when Aunt Sophie said "What no kaya?! There's so much here!" and promptly whipped out a can of Yeo's kaya. I never knew Yeo's made kaya, but there you have it, I HELD THE CAN.
Psst. I photoshopped the picture to make the can glow a little =P

Breakfast with our very kind host!

And we went tobogganing, well, sorta.
There're nicer pictures but it'd have to wait till Prashant decides to upload them.

And because we're no life students with deadlines to meet......................
Sighhhhh....

Ah well, time flies when you're having fun, and before we knew it, it was Sunday and it was time to go home. For some reason the GO bus back to Guelph only operated at 1030am instead of the 930am on the schedule, so we were an hour early.

Coffee time!!!

Here we have an annoyed kelly because Fido's customer service and system was painfully annoying.

While syah happily tucks into her cafe mocha and delicious scone...
And I read an outdated piece of news.


Just for the fun of it - the streets of Brampton on a Sunday morning.

Here we have the GO trains, which reminds me of the regional trains in Germany. Hmm.

Anyway, we went clothes, asian and western grocery shopping when back in Guelph, and also stopped by a Pizza place for lunch-dinner.

We like playing with mirrors....
So apparently the store staff were giving us weird looks, according to kelly, but I think its not so much because we were doing stupid things, but because they want to close shop..... heeheeeheeeee.

Met up with Rita for "reunion dinner" at Wok's Taste, as recommended by Benny at the student centre. It certainly tasted authentically Chinese and we were all swooning. Hahaha!! Ironically, syah was the only one wearing anything red and handing out oranges; we're such lousy Chinese chinese. =P Oh, and we realised (too late) that there were no more buses running from the university to downtown on Sundays from 6.30pm onwards, so we trekked the journey up north =| In -13c weather for 20 or so minutes, all for good chinese food.

Happy CNY, folks!

And again! Celebrate the Year of the Cow, EAT BEEF AND DRINK COW'S MILK!!


MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~