Hmm recession? I was at orchard today, and it was still jam-packed with people. Not that I did any serious shopping except for finally buying a mcat book - if I don't have it staring in my face, I'd never get started.
Random poll: how many of my contemporaries think that we won't be affected by the recession?
One of the headlines in today's newspaper says that Gen Y (which presumably is the generation I belong to) isn't worried about the recession. Uh. I want to ask the journalist who she interviewed. Or I could also ask the people whom she interviewed if they are for real. Do they really think that the recession isn't going to affect them? I agree that worrying doesn't solve anything and its high time for market restructuring and such despite all the bloodshed following, but here I am thinking that oh, perhaps I shouldn't go on exchange after all (despite my heartbreak because its probably the only thing I've been looking forward to ever since day1 of the supremely enjoyable and enriching nu*s undergrad life, besides graduation) because the financial situation is quite bad now - even if my parents have already set aside money for me to go, perhaps it would be better for them to actually have the cash? And perhaps I should also continue taking tuition students on in my honours year to earn some extra money despite my immense reluctance and dislike for teaching disinterested students. And maybe going back to my lunch bread-and-tea habit instead of listening to my tongue/stomach and going for whatever I feel like eating (as humanely possible within science...) would make my allowance stretch a little more beyond current limits. And perhaps I should at the same time think of a way to seriously continue french or german despite the costs because it is a skill after all.
Ger isn't overly worried - am just voicing (or rather typing) my thoughts today coincidentally, after being poked by the article. Graduating in the middle of a recession isn't going to be really fun.
------
I don't know why my butt is numb, with pain all the way down to my leg. Too much pressure on nerves?
Also intending to tear up a $112 book so that its easier to carry around. Cannot bring myself to do it. Ouch.
