Uh. At this rate, I think I'd degenerate into weekly overall posts, and random short posts during the week, if at all.
Week 2 has ended, people! How do you feel?
Me, I've FINALLY discovered the reason why my PCR haven't been working ever since last Sunday (apparently I have to add the template in HUGE excess before it will work). Unfortunately, we are also running out of dNTPs and enzymes, and if they don't come soon, I'd have nothing to do next week. Great. And for some unknown reason, my gels have been messing up too. Not good for confidence, really. Someone commented yesterday that I'm very hardworking... the thing is... I'm desperate. I need results. =X
I have so many things to do and time is a precious commodity. I think I need to plan a timetable and stick to it or I won't accomplish half of the things I set out to do. Which includes keeping on top of revision and tutorials and lab reports and readings too, because I may be working in the lab but I'm still a student too! And I really want to do it well this time round. I'm starting to get lost in immuno and cognitive psych. Bleh.
Away from the lab, I've discovered that I really hate teaching now. Tuition is NOT easy money - I'm starting to think that the money I get isn't enough to cover all the anger and frustration from teaching students who don't want to learn, who don't want to listen to the tutor. If I leave the house angry nearly all the time, its not worth it, right? Oh well. Its just for another 2 months, psle will be over and I'd be free. Then again, I've had some more relaxed moments this week, like sf welcome tea which was quite.. interesting, and the 1st science wed cg of the year! We're huge, as usual - I think we're going to split up into smaller groups hahaa. And it was really nice talking to amelia zoey and tessa at the end (I hope I spelt their names right). Then some of us went to IFG welcome tea which was ending by that time, then for supper. It was quite mad la but I managed to talk to quite a few people like wenying and zhihan and lionel (don't know if spelt correctly lol) and get to know more people, so all's good!
Okay end of week update haha. Time for other stuff.
