dimanche 17 août 2008

Some thoughts...

I can't remember if I've mentioned it on this space already, but singapore actually has an olympic medal! Haha... I'm quite sure the colour of it's going to be silver, but I guess nobody goes into a match thinking that they'd lose... right? Oh well, as long as they don't get utterly steamrollered, that should be good enough =)

Interestingly, there has been some erm, grumblings about how this victory is Made-In-China, in as many senses of the phrase as you can think of. Singapore is a migrant nation. To me, they are simply individuals who decided that they will have better chances away from their hometown, and therefore they moved here and are now casting in their lot for this country (and doing quite well, apparently). Didn't our ancestors do that years ago? Here we are, enjoying the fruits of our ancestors' decision and labour for a better life and we sneer at those who are merely doing the same thing our grandparents did. -_-"

Oh, and the last 2 weeks weren't as boring actually! Did hep b blood test, and for some reason I no longer have any immunity. What happened to the vaccination I had as a baby and the theory of adaptive immunity?! So I got poked on Thursday, going to get poked again next month, and 6 months later. The only problem with this time frame is that I might be in Guelph 6 months later, and vaccinations overseas often do cost an arm and a leg.

Speaking of Guelph, I finally settled my application documents! -phew- That said, I really hope that there aren't going to be any more hiccups, because I really want to do a semester overseas. =x Science is probably the most anal faculty in terms of module mapping approvals (as though the teaching here is fantastic, really.) - my engineering and arts friends have no problems at all with their module maps... until they try to map science stuff.

Cons is flying off tmr =( I'd miss her. Oh well, hope she does well in the us!

OHOH I nearly forgot. Co welcome tea! LOL OMG the turnout was UTTER MADNESS and the number of signups was nearly 150!!!! We can set up 3 orchestras already -_-" I have NEVER seen so many people squeezed in the auditorium. And I was happy to note that most of my exco was present! (With one exception but not like it really makes a difference la) We were really struggling to stretch the food to make it feed all the people - karin went to buy bread and we were like cutting the available food into smaller pieces and opening food packets. After one year of service to nusco... you really learn how to make food last.

And some things recently has led me to conclude that I want to beat my own path in everything. (zx now I know how you feel lol)