mercredi 30 juillet 2008

Oh well.

I could easily blog about the frustrations 0f having to deal with module bidding (and certain people) but I'm going to try to stick to my resolution of not saying anything if I cannot say anything good, so yes. Although I wonder why is it that every time I start to actually feel more settled about this lovely university, I get stuff like that thrown at me that makes me hate the place all over again. Thanks for reminding me that I'm indeed just a statistic.

Okay. Stop. -fume-



Labbbbbb-

My feet cramped. Twice. I need to get a decent pair of heels soon for lab. My feet just cannot take long hours on flats.

No decent protein results. Zzz.

Supervisor says I'm weird. I say I'm different.

I will trust that micro-organisms are so-named because they are micro, and therefore not being able to see the bacteria colony I was scraping off from the petri dishes into fresh culture media does not mean that nothing was transferred.

I hate b-mercaptoethanol too.

Fresh LB broth smells good, but spent ones stink. They really smell of... pee.

Everytime I prepare LB broth I feel like a mother preparing nutritious soup for my babies. Except that my babies are.... either Escherichia coli XL1-Blue or BL21 cells. Grow, my darlings, grow!

I have 8 petri dishes of E coli now, some with more colonies than others. White and blue ones. And 2 of my plates look quite pretty - they remind me of stars in the night sky.

I now open Fruittree (drink) bottles and hold the cap using one hand, like how I'm supposed to do for reagent bottles to prevent contamination.

Sweaty palms suck in gloves.

Gloves smell of urea, in my mind.



Anyway, in other happier news, I passed my first aid test last saturday! Am now a qualified first aider! -cough- And I can do CPR too, so if you have a heart attack in my company I am trained to give you the kiss of life. Although please, do me a favour, and DON'T eat garlic before you collapse. Or durian.

Oh, and I met up with some 6R pple last night =) They never fail to make me smile. Joan was late, as usual, and pple kept thinking that wai was the one who moved house and had housewarming and therefore couldn't come. Seriously, if she had housewarming, we'd be there eating! HAHA!