lundi 19 mai 2008

Where have I been...

Okay... after the ubin trip on wednesday, I went out to shop for wai's present and meet zx and alex on Thursday regarding our soon-to-frizzle-out-and-die melb trip, which saw me visiting ntu for the first time! The campus is much larger than the nus one I guess, and I think the architecture is marginally nicer than the nus one because its a lot more chinese in feel and hence more homely in that sense (considering the fact that I have been in 2 "华校"s and thoroughly enjoyed my times there). Thus was lunch and shopping with cons, where many desirable bags were seen, but I cannot afford them, unfortunately. ahh.

Then it was wai's 21st birthday celebration at the chevrons! Our little 6R group has.... all hit 21 already. Okay wai not yet, because her birthday's actually on 22 May but since you've blown out the candles... heh heh. It was a pretty hilarious affair on our part actually =P because leslie (the guy who couldn't recognise wai at her own party -_-" and the supreme source of... dumb comments like "she looks older" and a very gay calling of someone's name) was all jealous about wai asking us to sit outside at the bbq pit, getting cake last, being given a non-functional marker to sign the guestbook and not fully utilising his mahjong set. But hey! Besides her family, we were the folks present who have known her for the longest time, and still going strong! 大牌 lor!! HAHAHA

Isaac got a new name - Mr. $2.50, and I shall not disclose how he got it here. =D bozo toh... was on guard duty again. That's the 3rd time he hasn't turned up!!!!!!! Okay, so leslie wins, and wai is good. Let's see if it sticks. LOL.

Picture minus Joan because she hadn't appeared during that time... And the only available grp photo so far is blur. Sad+++++

Anyway we (isaac left coz he had work) stayed over with wai and her howiee... which passed by in a blur of stoning at the pool, watching channelnews asia, eating, nachos, mahjong and sleep. (at least for me) And then breakfast. And then check out. And by now wai shd have gotten her pink ic! Congrats, new fellow singaporean. =P

And then after washing up, it was sentosa with hcco! Many thanks to ningfei who organised it... it certainly wouldn't have been easy organising such an event over 3 batches... and relatively huge ones at that!
All the hcco 05-07 people who came.

hcco04 batch!

吹打! Plus a very extra mao at the back.

Monkey sighting at Sentosa! I can't believe 齐天大圣 climbed that tree on command. -_-"

I was mostly stoned during the sentosa outing from lack of sleep, plus I wasn't exactly properly dressed for the outing, which turned out to be a good thing actually =x

Sunday (yesterday) was shopping with mummy... where I got a lot of new clothes! Happy. hehehehe then Westies' supper at boss', where I got to know erm, more cf people across faculties. Haha!

And then I came home and concussed until 11am.

The blur ger forgot that it was vesak day today -_-" so I spent a good 5 minutes wondering how come mummy was at home. TOOOOOOOOT.

-------------

And I've also finally found this song!! I can't believe its by The Carpenters...

(they long to be) Close To You

Why do birds
Suddenly appear?
Everytime you are near
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

Why do stars
Fall down from the sky?
Everytime you walk by
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born
The angels got together and decided
To create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moondust in your hair
Of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around
Just like me
They long to be
Close to you


Old songs are still the best. =)

But anyway, I just have to add this... Karen Carpenter died February 4, 1983 from a cardiac arrest due to complications from anorexia nervosa, which then raised awareness of eating disorders around the world. Its very sad that she was taken so early, but her death sparked off greater knowledge of eating disorders and more people seeking help, (which I guess helped saved many lives in comparison) so...

------------------

I can't believe I spent close to 2 hours in total trying to find a clip of the latest grey's anatomy episode that wasn't messed up in the last 2 minutes just to hear.... derek saying 3 lines and mer doing 2. And not to each other. ROARRRR!!!!! So disappointed with tudou.