jeudi 24 avril 2008

A rare-r update.

I am done with 2202 - I actually completed a lab report more than 12 hours ahead of submission time! Heh. But I don't feel like the report's mine, like the 2201 sense where I had control over every single step (as long as I wasn't outvoted), from the smashing up homogenising of rat liver right down to the report alignment. It was a long, hard slog, and the final grade was... crappy, but I had tons of fun and it actually made me consider research as a career. Now... after 2202, I am just tired and fed up of yeast and the lab. I'm still interested in urops next semester, just that I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I was a semester ago.

Now I can finally start on more interesting things... like mugging for metabolism, molecular biology, psychology and biostats.

And I have also come to realise certain things, among which is the fact that when I'm in mugging mode, I'm a really boring person - I crack bad jokes, and am really slow on the uptake. Mugging shortens some synapses and lengthens others, I guess.

-----------------

18/20 AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! Argh.

It sounds like a nice grade... until you see the shape of the bell curve.

At this rate my highest grade this semester's gonna be a lousy B.