[According to my hit counter, someone sitting in SoC in nus just accessed my blog. Which disturbs me a little, naturally, because I don't know of anyone in soc who would read this space.]
Anyway, the reason why I'm on blogger instead of looking at 2202 notes is this:
China vows to keep torch on track and other assorted articles.
Now.. To be frank, I don't know much about the situation between China and Tibet, whether Tibet really belongs to China, should they gain independence and blahblahblah because not knowing the details about this issue isn't going to affect me the way not knowing about 2202 is in the near future. (aka I didn't do my research)
What I do know, and think, is that while China has an appalling human rights record, the Olympics should NOT be used as a political vehicle for whatever issue, and that the people who are disrupting the torch relay by violent protests (e.g. trying to snatch the torch) are hooligans. I also wonder how many demonstrators out there actually knew of this situation before it all blew out of proportion in the last few weeks. Do these people really care, or are they doing it because its fashionable at this point in time?
"Using the torch this way is almost a crime. This is the property of the IOC, it is not a Chinese torch"
- Swedish IOC member Gunilla Lindberg
P.S. The title of this post is the name of a group on Facebook
------------------
omg why the 2101 bell curve so skewed?! cry+++
And I've said this since forever (actually only since late j1 but who's counting?), but I really wish I knew how to play the piano.
